Experience the biggest rapids in the smallest raft! Conquer the Shoshone rapids twice in this paddle only raft where your guide will depend on you for the ride of your life! A staff favorite and one of our most exciting adventures!
Double Shoshone Rafting
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
Experience a Challenging River Rafting trip in Colorado! Ideal For Adventure Seekers!
Just want the rapids and no float time? This is your trip. We head straight to the Shoshone Rapids, about a 10 minute shuttle ride, where you will run all the rapids including Baptism, Tuttle’s Tumble, Tombstone, The Wall, and Maneater. Then we will take out as soon as the rapids finish and go back and run them all again, taking a more challenging line the second time. It’s a quick and easy double shot of the best rapids in the area and our least expensive option. This trip, or the extreme series, is especially recommended for athletic folks in their 20s and 30s and for anyone concerned the Half Day might be too mild for them.
100% Whitewater! Conquer the class III-IV Shoshone Rapids and just when you think you’ve pulled it off, we go back and do it again.
- Times & Departures: July 1st to August 20th – 4pm only per USFS restriction.
- Early and Late Season: 1:00pm or 1:30pm. Check book now for exact launch times.
- Trip Length: 2 hours, 10-15 minute shuttle, 4.5 river miles, on the Shoshone Rapids of the Colorado River.
- Class Rating: Class III during mid summer and fall, class IV in spring.
- Age/Weight: Minimum age 13, minimum weight 50 lbs, max weight 375 lbs. This trip includes extra walking and raft carrying, basic physical fitness is recommended.
- Meeting place: All trips meet at our location in Glenwood Springs, CO, which is about 2.75 hours from DIA, 1 hour from Vail and Aspen.
- Guides, life jackets, and shuttles to and from our facility are included. See below for a list of what to bring.
We provide all safety equipment and necessary gear including life jackets/PFDs and helmets. We recommend guests bring the following items to maximize their fun:
- Shorts or Swimsuits (Light nylon clothing is best as everything gets wet!)
- Old Tennis Shoes, sandals, or water shoes (Flip Flops not recommended as they float away!)
- Windbreaker or Fleece (if cool)
- Sunscreen/Lip balm
- Water Bottle
- Change of clothes (for after your trip)
- Towel (to take a warm shower at our riverside facility after your trip before hopping back in the car)
Full wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, and all other supplies are available in our gift shop for rent or purchase at very reasonable prices. DO NOT BRING any electronics such as smart phones, digital cameras, car keys or anything you would not want to get wet. These items have a tendency to be taken into the depths of the mighty Colorado! Please leave these items in your car and we will be happy to hold your car keys while you enjoy your trip!
Advance Reservations are recommended and require a credit card to hold. Online reservations are taken up to 24 hours in advance of your trip. For same day reservations please call our reservations line at 800-993-RAFT(7238) and we will get you on a raft trip as soon as possible!
Whitewater Rafting, LLC has been dedicated to providing for your safety and enjoyment since 1974 but cannot assume responsibility for personal injury or property loss or damage. We have an impeccable safety record as each of our guides are fully certified by State and US Forest Service regulations including CPR, first aid, and extensive on river training maneuvers.
Licensed by the State of Colorado and permitted by US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management.
Cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to trip departure receive full refunds with no penalties; just email or call us and we will be happy to make any necessary changes. Cancellations made within 24 hours of departure time are subject to a $20 per person cancellation fee.
Trip times are the shuttle departure time. Please arrive 45 minutes before scheduled departure time for check-in, life jacket fitting, and safety orientation. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed a spot on the raft and may be subject to the late cancellation charge.