Enjoy all the exciting Shoshone Rapids and everything the Half Day offers, but so much more as we cover twice as many miles on the river! A wonderful hot picnic lunch is included!
Half Day Rafting Trip
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 5-12
Experience This Fun Half Day Colorado Whitewater Rafting Trip!
Come enjoy the excitement and thrills of the Shoshone rapids including Baptism, Tuttle’s Tumble, Tombstone, The Wall, and Maneater combined with the magnificent beauty of Glenwood Canyon on the Colorado River.
By far our most popular trip, this 3 hour rafting trip meets at our river front facility. Heading up river about 9 miles to the Shoshone Rapids in Glenwood Canyon on the Colorado River, we get off to an exciting start as we navigate the class III(IV) rapids including The Wall, Tombstone, Maneater, Pinball, and many more. The river gradually begins to mellow out and your guide will educate you on the incredible history of Glenwood Canyon and the Colorado River. At lower fall flows, natural hot springs flow right into the river and we can stop and soak. Your trip will end right back at our private river ramp at our facility, where you can walk from the raft, to your car and belongings, and immediately view photos from your trip.
- Times & Departures: All trip meet 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Memorial Day Weekend to August 20th: 9am, 12pm, 1pm, and 4pm (4pm begins mid-June)
- Early/Late Season:10am and 1:30pm.
- Trip Length: 3 hours, 2.5 hours on the water, 10-15 minute shuttle, at least 9 river miles, on the Colorado River.
- Class Rating: Class III during mid summer and fall, class IV in spring.
- Age/Weight: Minimum age 5 (13 and older on Shoshone when class IV), minimum weight 30 lbs, max weight 375 lbs.
- Meeting place: All trips meet at our location in Glenwood Springs, CO, which is about 2.75 hours from DIA, 1 hour from Vail and Aspen.
- Guides, life jackets, and shuttles to and from our facility are included. See below for a list of what to bring.
- GROUP DISCOUNTS: Groups of 8 or more can receive 10% off this trip and groups of 16 or more can receive 20% off! So call up a few friends and then call (970) 945-8477 to reserve at these prices.
We provide all safety equipment and necessary gear including life jackets/PFDs and helmets. We recommend guests bring the following items to maximize their fun:
- Shorts or Swimsuits (Light nylon clothing is best as everything gets wet!)
- Old Tennis Shoes, sandals, or water shoes (Flip Flops not recommended as they float away!)
- Windbreaker or Fleece (if cool)
- Sunscreen/Lip balm
- Water Bottle
- Change of clothes (for after your trip)
- Towel (to take a warm shower at our riverside facility after your trip before hopping back in the car)
Full wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, and all other supplies are available in our gift shop for rent or purchase at very reasonable prices. DO NOT BRING any electronics such as smart phones, digital cameras, car keys or anything you would not want to get wet. These items have a tendency to be taken into the depths of the mighty Colorado! Please leave these items in your car and we will be happy to hold your car keys while you enjoy your trip!
Advance Reservations are recommended and require a credit card to hold. Online reservations are taken up to 24 hours in advance of your trip. For same day reservations please call our reservations line at 800-993-RAFT(7238) and we will get you on a raft trip as soon as possible!
Whitewater Rafting, LLC has been dedicated to providing for your safety and enjoyment since 1974 but cannot assume responsibility for personal injury or property loss or damage. We have an impeccable safety record as each of our guides are fully certified by State and US Forest Service regulations including CPR, first aid, and extensive on river training maneuvers.
Licensed by the State of Colorado and permitted by US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management.
Cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to trip departure receive full refunds with no penalties; just email or call us and we will be happy to make any necessary changes. Cancellations made within 24 hours of departure time are subject to a $20 per person cancellation fee.
Trip times are the shuttle departure time. Please arrive 45 minutes before scheduled departure time for check-in, life jacket fitting, and safety orientation. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed a spot on the raft and may be subject to the late cancellation charge.