Experience the excitement and thrills of the Shoshone rapids including Baptism, Tuttle’s Tumble, Tombstone, The Wall, and Maneater combined with the magnificent beauty of Glenwood Canyon on the Colorado River!
Short & Mild Rafting Trip
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 12 and under
Beginner Rafting for Young Families on the Colorado River!
Looking for a trip but have kids under age 5? Our Short & Mild Rafting Trip is great for anyone seeking a milder experience or trying rafting for the first time. This fun, scenic float with our experienced guides will keep everyone happy and safe. Easy class II rapids are a great introduction for young children or those who just want to enjoy the scenic beauty of the river without getting soaked! This trip is open to families with children as young as 2 years old. For families with children age 5 and older we recommend the Half Day Rafting Trip.
We meet at our riverside facility 45 minutes in advance and then depart directly from our facility down the Colorado River. Our experienced guides pilot 16’ rafts capable of carrying 8 guests through roughly 7 miles of beautiful scenery. The most exciting rapid, South Canyon, can be up to class III during June runoff. After about 1.5hrs of float time, it’s just a 12 minute shuttle ride back home, making this the perfect primer to river experiences. Launch site and take out are subject to change due to water conditions but will always contain scenic views and a beautiful Class II float.
- Times & Departures: All trips meet 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Memorial Day Weekend to August 20th: 9am and 1pm daily
- Early/Late Season: 1:30pm only
- Trip Length: 2 hours
- Class Rating: Class II, on the Colorado River, 6+ river miles, departs from our riverfront facility.
- Age/Weight: Minimum age 2, no minimum weight, max weight 375lbs.
- Meeting place: All trips meet at our location in Glenwood Springs, CO, which is about 2.75 hours from DIA, 1 hour from Vail and Aspen.
- Guides, life jackets, and shuttles to and from our facility are included. See below for a list of what to bring.
We provide all safety equipment and necessary gear including life jackets/PFDs and helmets. We recommend guests bring the following items to maximize their fun:
- Shorts or Swimsuits (Light nylon clothing is best as everything gets wet!)
- Old Tennis Shoes, sandals, or water shoes (Flip Flops not recommended as they float away!)
- Windbreaker or Fleece (if cool)
- Sunscreen/Lip balm
- Water Bottle
- Change of clothes (for after your trip)
- Towel (to take a warm shower at our riverside facility after your trip before hopping back in the car)
Full wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, and all other supplies are available in our gift shop for rent or purchase at very reasonable prices. DO NOT BRING any electronics such as smart phones, digital cameras, car keys or anything you would not want to get wet. These items have a tendency to be taken into the depths of the mighty Colorado! Please leave these items in your car and we will be happy to hold your car keys while you enjoy your trip!
Advance Reservations are recommended and require a credit card to hold. Online reservations are taken up to 24 hours in advance of your trip. For same day reservations please call our reservations line at 800-993-RAFT(7238) and we will get you on a raft trip as soon as possible!
Whitewater Rafting, LLC has been dedicated to providing for your safety and enjoyment since 1974 but cannot assume responsibility for personal injury or property loss or damage. We have an impeccable safety record as each of our guides are fully certified by State and US Forest Service regulations including CPR, first aid, and extensive on river training maneuvers.
Licensed by the State of Colorado and permitted by US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management.
Cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to trip departure receive full refunds with no penalties; just email or call us and we will be happy to make any necessary changes. Cancellations made within 24 hours of departure time are subject to a $20 per person cancellation fee.
Trip times are the shuttle departure time. Please arrive 45 minutes before scheduled departure time for check-in, life jacket fitting, and safety orientation. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed a spot on the raft and may be subject to the late cancellation charge.